So this pregnancy I have been craving potato soup like a mad woman! Something about the carbs and creaminess I just want it ( a lot!) I absolutely love cheddars potato soup but I don't want to keep having to get it from there. We have potatoes at home so why not try and make my own?!:) I searched for recipes and came across one that was just chicken broth, potatoes, carrots celery and onion and almond milk. I took that recipe and tweaked it to my own!
i do have to say it's pretty tasty 😍 AND I did it in the crockpot so i didn't have to do much in the kitchen long ! Here is the recipe if your a potato soup lover!
- 6 russet potatoes diced
-3 large organic carrots diced
-half of an onion chopped up
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of almond milk
- t tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar daiya dairy free cheese
- 1 tbsp Earth balance butter
-salt , pepper & garlic powder to taste
-green onions & turkey bacon for garnish !
- Add chopped onion, potatoes & carrots in crockpot along with chicken broth and salt, pepper & garlic powder
- Cook on high for about 3 hours or all day on medium/low.
- After 3 hours, add almond milk & cornstarch together, and then add into crockpot along with the cheese.
- Mix it all together very well and then pour into your blender. Blend it all together until creamy ( or you can leave everything chunky but I like mine smooth ! )
- ( you can also add a few tbsp of dairy free sour cream if you wish! I had some in my fridge so I added it !)
- Serve and add Baked turkey bacon and crumble on top ( or eat with it) and garnish with green onions, more cheese if you wish and anything else you like on your potato soup!
I hope you enjoy yours as much as we did & I hope everyone is having a weekend full of cute babies, fun family moments, messy kitchens , cooking, baking, laundry & sweeping like I am!! 😆😆😘❤️